How to care your eyebrow cosmetic tattoo
Post-treatment care determines your treatment success. Please read and follow instructions carefully, because if you don’t, you can lose up to 80% of eyebrow pigment. Contact your Therapist if you have any concerns.
First 24 Hours
Your therapist will gently cleanse your eyebrows with a damp cotton pad and remove any excess lymph (clear fluid) and apply the aftercare cream with a cotton tip. Repeat this process using the wipes provided every hour for 3 hours to prevent the formation of scabs, which are otherwise devastating when it comes to pigment.
First 7 Days
- There is no after pain, only a slight tenderness around the treated area.
- Never touch the treated area with your fingers.
- Apply the aftercare 3 times daily with a cotton tip wiping off any old cream with a damp cotton pad before reapplying. Clients with extremely oily skin can do this once a day.
- Do not get your eyebrows wet, the pigment will wash away.
- Avoid exercises that may cause excessive sweating. This will dilute the pigment and increase chance of infection.
- Do no pick at the scab or flaking. This will pull chunks of pigment off.
- No makeup near the brow area. Powders and brushes are full of bacteria.
- Strictly no other creams or cleansers including Paw-Paw Cream as this can remove pigment and change pigment tone.
- Inserted pigment is very dark during the first 7 days but will lose up to 10-40% of its intensity. If you think that pigment is too dark, do not try to fade it by yourself. Be patient, first wait for 7 days until it fades away naturally.
First 30 Days
- No chemical peels, microdermabrasion or light (laser) therapy near the eyebrow area.
- No skin care that contains Vitamins or regeneration factors near the eyebrow area.
- No skin care that contains Lactic or Acids (including fruit acid)near the eyebrow area.
- No further tattoo on the brow as the skin can scar.
- No Sun tanning, sunbeds or saunas.
You cannot donate blood for 4 months following any cosmetic tattoo procedure. This is a world-wide health regulation.
Permanent Makeup Emotions
Please remember cosmetic tattoo is a TWO step process. Healing is completely done at 28 days. What you see at this time is a true representation of how they should stay. It is normal to expect some loss of pigment, patchiness or missing stokes however this should be very minimal if treatment preparation and aftercare has been followed. A touch-up of the eyebrow pigment at your Perfection Visit is essential for a complete treatment. This can be scheduled any time between 5-6 weeks after your initial treatment.